Free WLAN at the market in Annaberg-Buchholz
Effective October 1, 2015, the city of Annaberg-Bucholz has set up a free WLAN hotspot called "EASY-WERZ" for citizens and guests to use at the central market square and city hall.
This public WLAN service is meant mainly for tourists, but also locals, who would like to use mobile devices such as tablet PCs or smartphones to search information about points of interest or event offerings in Annaberg-Buchholz as well as other information. The city expects that this new service will enhance visitors' time spent in town while also boosting retail sales.
Plans are also being made to expand service to other parts of the City.
Registering is quite simple:
- Select WLAN hotspot "EASY-WERZ"
- Enter your mobile phone number on the homepage
- You will then receive a text message with the access code
- Enter in the code and start surfing using public Internet
You are required to enter your mobile phone number in order to prevent illegal internet activity. It will not be used for advertising purposes.
You can access the internet for free for half an hour, after that you will be automatically logged out. If you need more time, you can log in again for free right away - as many times as you want.
Additional free WLAN hotspots
Additional free WLAN hotspots can also be found at these locations in the city center:
- Café Anna, Große Kirchgasse 17
- DM Drogeriemarkt, Buchholzer Straße 16
- Hotel Wilder Mann, Markt 13